About Arbor Terra Consulting
“To help people better understand the natural environment in which we live and assist them in effectively managing the resources they have under their ownership or control.”
More than just the mission statement for ArborTerra Consulting, those words explain our approach to working with clients.
We help landowners accomplish their goals for their properties with practical management plans built around their specific needs -- whether that’s habitat improvement for wildlife, timber production, maintaining water quality, providing for recreation, or simply enhancing the natural aesthetics of the land.
We also work with woodland owners who have an interest in selling their timber. Our goal is to help them earn an excellent return while ensuring the long-term productivity of their land. By providing information about their forests and managing the sale and harvest process, we maximize the value of their investment while steering them clear of the hassles.
As we walk the woods of Indiana and the Midwest, we marvel at their beauty and potential. We’re proud to have spent the last quarter-century helping landowners receive the greatest benefit from both.
About Mike Warner, President and Certified Forester
On my desk, I keep a copy of a 50-year-old book titled “A Sand County Almanac” by Aldo Leopold. This book is a revelation of the intimate feelings and insights of a man who fully senses the Wonderments of nature. He speaks of conservation, land ethics, land mechanisms, and biotic relationships in ways that bring new perspectives and understanding of the environment as a whole, and of its infinite individual parts. This outlook is the essence of ArborTerra Consulting.
My father once spoke of a speck of pollen on the butt of a honeybee. He said, it may appear to be insignificant in the big vista, but without that speck of pollen there can be no honeybee, no flower, no majestic tree, no forest, and no vista.
This different way of viewing and understanding these Wonderments is what brings new ideas, inspirations, and answers to the resource management challenges brought to us by our clients. It is what brings challenge, excitement, and enthusiasm to the people who work at ArborTerra Consulting.
— Mike Warner
Mike is a strong supporter of Indiana conservation efforts. He currently serves as the President for the Indiana Association of Consulting Foresters and treasurer for the Hoosier Heartland Resource Conservation and Development organization.
• B.S. Degree in Forestry from Purdue University
• Licensed commercial applicator (forestry & ornamental pest control), Indiana
• Certified Technical Service Provider (TSP) for the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
• Society of American Forester Certified Forester
• Soil & Water Conservation Planning and Management
• Indiana Nurserymen’s Association Accredited Master Plantsman
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Certified Wetland Delineator
• The Practice of Consulting Forestry
• Leadership Hendricks County
• 1976-1988, Forester and Soil Conservationist, USDA Soil Conservation Service
• 1988-present, Consulting Forester and President, ArborTerra Consulting, Inc.
Professional affiliations and memberships:
• Society of American Foresters (SAF)
• Association of Consulting Foresters (ACF)
• Indiana Nursery & Landscape Association
• Indiana Tree Farm Committee
• Hoosier Heartland RC&D
• Indiana Forestry and Woodland Owners Association
• Central Indiana Cooperative Weed Management Area
• Indiana Hardwood Lumbermen’s Association
• Ducks Unlimited
• Quail Unlimited
• National Wild Turkey Federation
CHECK OUT THE NEW ARBORTERRA
ArborTerra Consulting Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Upland Hardwoods Pruning
Read More »